An avid traveler and alpinist, his personal projects have already taken him from Peru to Patagonia, from Tibet to Thailand by way of Nepal, to Laos, and of course the Alps, his favorite place to train and play.He has over a dozen first ascents around the world, including:
- « Tambo, Churros y Amigos » on Jirishanca (6126m, Peru), nominated for a Piolet d’Or in 2005,
- East Ridge, Ganesh V (6950m, Nepal),
- « Chercheurs d’Absolus, » on Fitz Roy in Patagonia, Argentina,
- « Méridien des Ecrins, » a linkup of north faces in the Oisans Range (aka Ecrins),
- « Chronique de la Haine Ordinaire, » on the south face of Mont Blanc in February 2011,
- 1st repeat in alpine style of the South Ridge of Chamlang (7319m, Nepal) with Patrick Wagnon in May 2013.
His motivation for joining the project
« The first time I participated in Eric Loizeau’s Trophée Mer et Montagne » (Sea and Mountain Cup) I had an epiphany: why not combine mountaineering and exploration projects with sailing? A means to reach remote areas where no one has ever climbed. So when Erwan offered to set foot on board for a trip to Iceland, I said yes without a second though! »
To follow his latest adventures, visit http://clouclouclimb.
To learn more about Aymeric: